Keeping Your Customer Data Safe and Secure
FPOS Secure Gateway powered by TranSafe® works outside of your point-of-sale system to keep you safe and your customer’s information secure. We secure payment data in a multi layered approach. The EMV security standard prevents card duplication and fraud. Our Point to Point Encryption (P2PE) protects the card data in transit as well as at rest. Finally, tokenization is used for card transactions if a pre authorization and/or reoccurring transactions are required. The PCI Council defines tokenization as “a process by which the primary account number (PAN) is replaced with a surrogate value called a token.
Here’s how FPOS Security Gateway works:
- A customer swipes or dips their card.
- The POS system notifies FPOS Secure Gateway of the transaction.
- FPOS Secure Gateway sends the card information to the payment processor server.
- The payment processor returns the encrypted message approving the transaction.
- FPOS Secure Gateway gives the POS system the minimum required information to complete the transaction.
EMV is the first step of security, our PCI Validated Multi layered approach assists your software to meet
PA-DSS certification requirements. FPOS Secure Gateway keeps your point of sale system compliant
with PCI standards.